- Barriers affect nearly 15% of prescriptions. Most barriers have a more or less equal overall impact, but each one affects some brands more than others.
- Most brands gain share. 7 of the 11 surveyed brands lose market gain share because of barriers, and these gains are significant for the leading brands.
- One brand has a big lead. Despite the fact that this brand is only the sixth most prescribed brand, barriers are proving to be a huge positive as it gains the most share than any other brand.
- 2 barriers are holding most brands back. All surveyed neurologists opine that they can’t prescribe many of the brands due to patient related issues.
- Awareness is good for all brands. Very few neurologists haven’t heard of the brands we surveyed, but ‘willingness to try’ data might be surprising for some brands.
Insight into 11 Major Asthma/COPD Drugs
Aubagio (teriflunomide; Sanofi)
Avonex (interferon beta-1a; Biogen)
Betaferon (interferon-beta-1; Bayer)
Copaxone (glatiramer acetate; Teva)
Gilenya (fingolimod; Novartis)
Lemtrada (alemtuzumab; Genzyme)
Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a; Biogen)
Rebif (interferon beta-1a; Merck Group)
Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate; Biogen)
Tysabri (natalizumab; Biogen)
Zinbryta (daclizumab; AbbVie/Biogen)
Exploring Market Access Barriers
Market Access Impact: Multiple Sclerosis (EU5) explores key issues affecting drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 150 neurologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
Been practicing for 2+ years
Prescribed at least one of the listed products
Seen at least 5 patients with asthma and/or COPD in total in the last month
We conducted the survey between July 3rd and 13th, 2017.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05175267
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Powered by WPeMatico